Approaches to Respiratory Physiotherapy
Most approaches involve the application of various chest clearance techniques, also exercise and learning pacing and resting positions to enable maximum functional ability.
Don't sit and suffer - give us a call on 0115 981 8881. Your call will be treated in confidence and we might even be able to fit you in today. Alternatively use our contact form.
Common conditions which may require respiratory physiotherapy
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD -bronchitis, emphysema and chronic asthma)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Disorders of breathing (i.e. hyperventilation disorder)
What can respiratory physiotherapy do for me?
- Help reduce breathlessness and the work of breathing,
- Teaching techniques to aid sputum/mucus removal,
- Cough suppression techniques,
- Help me use my inhaler properly,
- Advice on managing a lung condition,
- Help improve my fitness and functional abilities (i.e. carrying out daily tasks),
- Improve knowledge and understanding of my condition.
Nottingham Sports Injury Clinic
Our Mansfield Road clinic boasts an extensive rehabilitation facility that includes several private treatment rooms and a gymnasium.
PhysioNeeds East Bridgford
Opened in 1998 and has supplied Physiotherapy to surrounding areas for over 15 years. The practice is run by Helen Tomlinson (founder of PhysioNeeds) and Paul Scothern.
PhysioNeeds East Leake
Once Pro Physio East Leake Charlotte Morris opened the new practice in 2013. She had been working at Pro Physio for many years and was well known in the area.
Opened in 2013 and was the first practice to open in association with Parkwood Leisure at Cotgrave Leisure Centre.